A little fuckup, theme-wise

Jul 25 2010 Published by under MediaCreeper

I updated the theme on this blog without thinking, it updated fine and broke all the small tweaks I had done on the previous version. Duh.

So, I got a new theme that doesn’t require tweaks to look like something that I like.

A short summary of MediaCreeper-work done on my vacation: a little to non. I have tweaked the cache-layer a bit since my first hours of vacation when the site stalled out due to overload of MySQL-connections along with short TTL of cache. Switched from connect to pconnect to reuse connections, which now allows higher loads/amounts of hits on banner and visitors on the site. Also added code to export and purge logs at 90 days, I think 90 days is quite a long time on the internet. Today I switched the top-banner (AdSense) on the MediaCreeper site, from 468×60 to 728×90, required a few tweaks on the style-sheet .. The site might look a little wonky for a few hours as the style-sheet has a future expiry time, nothing breaks completely though.

No responses yet