Multilingual FTW?

Mar 07 2011 Published by under MediaCreeper

I just uploaded a PO file to crowdin.net and checked a few languages I consider “primary” as active for translation. Go to http://crowdin.net/project/mediacreeper-multilingual to help us make MediaCreeper truly multilingual. The base-language is English and if you know French, Spanish, Danish, German, Finnish or Dutch, please help us with the 72 text-fragments that need translations.

I’ll add the languages to MediaCreeper as they become completed.

Next round of translations may include .. (your language here). Suggestions welcome, just comment on this post.

No responses yet

Progress of today

Sep 04 2010 Published by under MediaCreeper

I’ve been working on a few things today.

The English translation has been tweaked here and there, as I will put it into production soon. Some wording didn’t feel right and I have rewritten parts. I hope to juggle these texts with someone who has English as first language/native tongue.

The RSS-Engine was a bit broken, when someone for some reason was caught as a positive hit in the monitored ranges and didn’t supply a referrer (masked off or filtered), the RSS would come out with text-macros intact, which isn’t pretty or even useful. Added a few lines of code to handle that and adapted the engine further, to handle multilingual stuff and removed/replaced some hard-coded stuff from the templating.

The Multilingual/Language code has been somewhat overhauled, as far as detection and logic-wise, at the moment any other languages other than the supported, Swedish and English, will default (fall backwards) to English… as most people on the Internet at least can understand a little bit of English. Swedish is a relatively small language, about 9 million people around the globe talks, reads and writes it.

I’ve added about 50 ranges for Norway, Denmark and Finland but not activated them yet, just have to throw the switch and they’re active.

Some meta-headers in the HTML has been added/adjusted to ensure that spiders and bots find their way in, with correct URLs. Now CreeperFramework’s version number and revision date is visible in meta-headers.

All this on my development server, nothing deployed yet.

No responses yet