Ranges updated

Oct 17 2010 Published by under MediaCreeper

I updated the ranges with about 80 new, mostly Finnish, Norwegian and Danish oldmedia. Should be noticeable during the day tomorrow. I have not checked or examined every range superduper hard for accuracy but it should be accurate enough, there might be ranges that has expired among the older once.

Still working with the translations, built a simple translation tool to be able to quickly extract chunks to send to translators, when I find them. The text chunks is about 80-ish short ones and 1-2 longer ones.

Soft-deadline in mid-November. European release before new year and global in April. That’s the plan, there will certainly be changes.

No responses yet

Progress of today

Sep 04 2010 Published by under MediaCreeper

I’ve been working on a few things today.

The English translation has been tweaked here and there, as I will put it into production soon. Some wording didn’t feel right and I have rewritten parts. I hope to juggle these texts with someone who has English as first language/native tongue.

The RSS-Engine was a bit broken, when someone for some reason was caught as a positive hit in the monitored ranges and didn’t supply a referrer (masked off or filtered), the RSS would come out with text-macros intact, which isn’t pretty or even useful. Added a few lines of code to handle that and adapted the engine further, to handle multilingual stuff and removed/replaced some hard-coded stuff from the templating.

The Multilingual/Language code has been somewhat overhauled, as far as detection and logic-wise, at the moment any other languages other than the supported, Swedish and English, will default (fall backwards) to English… as most people on the Internet at least can understand a little bit of English. Swedish is a relatively small language, about 9 million people around the globe talks, reads and writes it.

I’ve added about 50 ranges for Norway, Denmark and Finland but not activated them yet, just have to throw the switch and they’re active.

Some meta-headers in the HTML has been added/adjusted to ensure that spiders and bots find their way in, with correct URLs. Now CreeperFramework’s version number and revision date is visible in meta-headers.

All this on my development server, nothing deployed yet.

No responses yet

CreeperFramework API — small progress

Aug 18 2010 Published by under MediaCreeper

I’ve been working a bit here and there on the API, defined a few functions and written some documentation. The internationalized version will be released as soon as I’m satisfied with the translation, the first language aside Swedish will be English. Shortly after the language-support has been released, I’ll add new ranges for media-houses in the UK, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand and a bunch of other that I had laying around for a couple of months.

I’ve got a pretty soft deadline for this, “end of November-ish”, sort of. It may occur before that, or after.

I still need translators who can turn English into their own native language, it’s 70-100 lines/text elements in an UTF-8 encoded XML-file, the only thing I can offer is honor and credits on the site, either nickname or real name and link.

No responses yet