Archive for: January, 2011

IDN-Domains on MC

Jan 25 2011 Published by under MediaCreeper

Just posted an update, fixing a… bug that was introduced the last time I had time to do some updates. The bug effectively stopped all IDN-domains lists on MediaCreeper from being listed, this due to a quirky UTF-8 encoding problem between PHP and MySQL.

No responses yet

A few updates

Jan 17 2011 Published by under MediaCreeper

I just rolled out a few updates, most dealing with IDN-domains. Noticed that it broke in a few places, encoding, encoding encoding… well, I’ll fix it tomorrow as it isn’t a show-stopper.

The sorting of the SiteCloud on the /latest page has been fixed, IDN-domains where always on the “bottom” as it was sorted on the domain name, the IDN prefix, “xn--“, made that happen — now the domains are unIDNed (a word?) .. so they appear normal.

A few cleaners applied, printfriendly.com and webcache.googleusercontent.com are stripped and original links are restored.

No responses yet

New ranges, this time with focus on Norway

Jan 15 2011 Published by under MediaCreeper

Last night (early today) I updated and added some 200 new ranges that had been building up in my buffers, with help from a fellow tweep, I got several new Norwegian ranges down.
A few Danish, Hungarian, Italian and French ranges made it in too.

Also had the Norwegian language definition for MediaCreeper out for a test-run with a genuine Norwegian .. “somewhat correct”.

Sometime during the next week the Norwegian language will be released. There’s a few corrections and a little longer translation needed.

No responses yet